Let’s end 2012 in a big way.
Because if we don’t, 2013 will put it completely to shame.
So here’s details on my lecture at EcoBuild America:
December 4th, 2012
Tuesday, 8:30am – 10:00am
Location: Rm 209A
Building Information Modeling (BIM) & Information Technology
National BIM Conference
Technology User Sessions
Jared Banks, Architect, Writer, ArchiCAD User, Shoegnome, LLC
The ‘I’ in BIM can be easily understood in its relationship to the physical construction of a project. BIM speeds up basic documentation, deepens links between the AEC team, and allows for continuity with Facility Management. Viewing the Information differently, BIM also provides clients with better understanding of the project and opens them up to larger ideas about the value of Architecture. Presentation materials and visualizations need not be a detour in the design and documentation process. Attendees to this session will learn how to use BIM to help clients visualize, analyze, and virtually live in their projects prior to and during construction. Techniques for visually presenting information about function, cost, and aesthetics will be shown.
And remember, if you’re closer to Boston than Washington, D.C., I’m giving this talk at Architecture Boston Expo as well. Here’s those details.
A few other things to point out:
- There are going to be some other awesome and amazing BIM talks at this event. I’m crazy excited to be speaking at the same event as Finith Jernigan. Here’s a link to his talks. One of them is a panel discussion that also includes Kimon Onuma, FAIA (Holy shit that’s cool too!). It’ll be great to hear them talk and also finally meet so many of my BIM heroes (or I guess hopefully meet so many of my BIM heroes). I have a feeling I’ll be like a kid in a candy store. But the candy will be BIM. Um… that analogy kind of fell apart there.
- There will be an ArchiCAD User Group meeting at the conference on Wednesday December 5th from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm. Assuming my flights work out, I’ll definitely be at that as well. More details on that to come, I presume.
- If you’re going to EcoBuild America to hear me talk, here’s a VIP Code to use: SPK12. It’ll give you a free pass to my session or a 15% discount on the full 3-Day conference.
- The end of the year is always a good time to reflect and share some appreciation. Thank you Graphisoft & Graphisoft North America for all the support you guys gave me this year. It’s been awesome and made my transition from some grunt with a side business to whatever I am now so much easier.
- There’s still plenty of time to end the year even bigger than just 2 lectures… so you know, I’m working on it.