ArchiCAD Rendering Tutorial and the Shoegnome Open Template 18.2
I’ve updated my template. You can get the latest version here. Remember, it’s free, if you want it to be. There are a number of little changes from the previous versions, including fixes to the Renovation Filters, Model View Options, Favorites, Pen Sets, Labels assigned to various Tool types, and Zone color changes. But perhaps the most important update is that I have included the two rendering scenes I use to create images like this:
In addition to releasing the latest version of the Shoegnome Open Template, I’ve also recorded a video that talks about the process of creating the image above (and various aspects of my template that pertain to the efficient creation of renderings).
The process is very similar to one I shared back in January, 2013. If the concept of merging renderings interests you, you might also want to watch the original video and read the accompanying blog post. Here’s a link. It’s VERY similar, so the two videos together will do a good job of reinforcing the main concepts.
- To get the latest version of the template: Shoegnome Open Template – v18.3.
- To get the down saved template for 17, my original ArchiCAD 17 template, or my ArchiCAD 17 template down saved for 16, scroll to the bottom of the Shoegnome Open Template FAQ.
- I use Gimp rather than Photoshop in the video. If you’re not familiar with Gimp, check it out. It’s a free alternative to Photoshop. There is also an Illustrator type program by the same group. I’ve been using Gimp for a few years now and I don’t see myself ever really needing anything else for the type of image manipulation work I do.
- Once you start using my awesome template, you’ll probably need to decide how much to model. Here’s two posts to help with that. How much to model: Part 1 and How much to model: Part 2.
- Please, please, please read this post and watch the video on Parameter Transfer. The Shoegnome Open Template is worthless without a firm knowledge of Parameter Transfer.
If you want all the latest Shoegnome Open Template news, sign up for the mailing list below. I’ll only send e-mails about the template:
Thank you to everyone who has supported the template. I really appreciate the help and encouragement. Subscribe to my blog to read more about the tricky world of being an Architect in the 21st century. Shoegnome on Facebook, Twitter, and the RSS feed.